WHO WE ARE:
The Forest Regional Residents’ Civic Association was founded in the 1960s to address issues of concern to the Forest Avenue surrounding area. In the 1980s and 90s we completed the largest community generated residential “downsizing" New York City had ever seen! Also, we sponsored graffiti busting days, food drives and picketed to stop a Burger King from being built on Forest Ave where the CVS is now.
The mission of the Forest Regional Residents’ Civic Association is to foster our wonderfully diverse community and maintain the quality of life in the West Brighton, Brighton Heights, Silver Lake, Livingston and Randall Manor neighborhoods. Speaking up on behalf of our residents, researching issues, distributing information and working with elected officials will be our priority.
- Encourage public participation and awareness within the community.
- Encourage and implement neighborhood improvements and beautification projects.
- Help preserve and maintain our neighborhoods with the support of the residents, businesses and government.
- Encourage residents to buy locally – put your dollars back where you live, work and play!
- Encourage new business in our area and welcome new residents.
- Act on community concerns and engage public officials and agencies in this endeavor.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS:
- Neil Anastasio
- Jill Synmoie
- Heather Miller
- Laura McCarthy
- Elizabeth Anastasio
- Christina Crimmins
COMMUNITY MEETINGS: Community meetings will be posted on our website as well as our Facebook page.